Loneliness is something that so many new mums (and dads) can feel. And it can be a huge factor in contributing to PND. Which is why, here at Happity, we want to create an easy way for parents to connect and find friendship and support.
Finding and joining baby and toddler classes is a great way to meet other parents and find your tribe. But there are other ways you can make friends too.
Which is why we have put together this directory so finding friends (either online or in person) is easier.
Please do bear in mind that this directory is a work in progress. Keep checking back as we add to it and make improvements.
Find your tribe – Apps
There are so many great websites and apps that you can use to find and connect with other mums and parents. Here are some of the biggest and best that you can try:
- Peanut – Find a mum near you! Connect with women who are at a similar stage in life–from fertility, pregnancy and motherhood through to menopause. Just download the app and start matching with like minded mums.
- Mush – They call themselves the friendliest app for mums. They unite mums in peer ‘pods’ of 5 – matching you with others with things in common. Download Mush here.
- Parenthood IO – “We are your parent neighbourhood, giving you support and advice and a place where you can chat to other parents with similar interests who are going through the same things as you.” Download Parenthood IO here.
- Frindow – “Our mission is to be a central hub for all things that can help you to make new friends and get connected.” Find out more about Frindow here.
- Mothers At Home Matter – A Local meetups group based in Essex, Hertfordshire and North London. Find out more about Mothers At Home Matter here.
- Bumble BFF – A friend finding app where you can detail what you’re looking for (including mum friends!). Download Bumble BFF here.
- Frolo – An app for single parents to meet each other (friendships and dating). Download Frolo here.
Find baby and toddler classes near you to meet other parents and start to build friendships and find support.
Find your tribe – Location-based Facebook groups
If downloading new apps isn’t for you, then Facebook could be a key player in helping you to find your tribe. As a social media site that almost everyone is on, it could be one of the key places to start meeting like-minded parents.
A lot of groups are set up for specific locations so that you can get to meet parents near you in an instant!
Take a look at our map below to see if there are any friendly groups near you.
(Please note: The team at Happity do not regularly check how active these groups are. However if you spot a group that you know to be inactive -get in touch with us and we’ll update it when we can.)
Can’t find any groups in your area? We will be updating this map as we discover more groups across the UK, so do be sure to check in every so often to see any updates we’ve made.
But, alternatively, we also have found groups that are meant for parents nationwide below!
Find your tribe – Nationwide Facebook groups
- Mummy’s Gin Fund
- Mums Supporting Mums
- The Mum Space
- The real mums of Facebook
- MUM CODE
- Mums The Word
- From One Mum To Another
- Net Mums
- Mum Mates
- MUMS GROUP CHAT
- Uk Mums Group
- First Time Mums UK
- From One Mum To Another (Back up)
- Young Mums & Mums to be | Support Group
- The Un-Mumsy Mums
- Mums Advice Group
- It’s A Mums World!
- mums support and advice
- Mums Chat & Advice
- Living The Mum Life
- Mums Advice Private Chat
- Mummys & Munchkins
- Mums & Wiggly Bums
- Busy Mums UK
- Busy Mums Collective
- Mummy Matters
- Mum’s Lifestyle
- Mom’s Together & Forever
- Uk Mums Group
- Building Confident Mums
- Mummy Diaries
- Creative Mums Online
We are driving to find as many active groups as we can to add, and the map is going to be an ongoing improvement over time!
Please get in touch with us here if you run a group that you think would make a great fit for our map or list.
We dearly hope that this directory will help in our ongoing goal to end loneliness for parents.
Good luck finding your tribe ❤️
Follow us on Social Media: