EB Yoga - Postnatal Mummy and Baby Yoga
Bring along your babies to this Postnatal Yoga class
This activity is usually led by Elise Barnes
Orpington Village Hall miles
311 High Street
Orpington , Greater London
2 months - 12 months
Bring Your Baby
Post-pregnancy is a unique time for mothers and babies. During this time women are prone to stress, dealing with sleep deprivation and adjusting to a changing body and can take months to rebuild strength back. This is why postnatal yoga concentrates on nurturing and support for you, whilst having your baby by your side.
Although much of the emphasis is on the mother, mummy and baby classes also include gentle yoga stretches for the babies, which have great benefits for the physical and mental development of your baby as well as help for them to relax and aid in sleep. Classes will have both an energising and relaxing effect on mothers and provide a warm and supportive atmosphere to bond with your baby and meet other mums.
These classes will help with:
- Safely rebuilding core strength
- Stabilizing the pelvis and lower back
- Toning and strengthening the abdominal area
- Releases tension in shoulders and neck muscles
- Decreases overall stress and promotes relaxation
- Rejuvenates the mind and increases energy
- Brings fun, pleasure and special bonding time to both mum and baby
- Provides an opportunity to connect with other mums, have tea/cake and socialise afterwards
Suitable from 6 weeks postnatal following a natural birth, and 10 weeks postnatal following a C-section before you join these classes (once you have had your postnatal medical check).
Suitable for babies from 6 weeks until your baby is crawling.
Babies can lie next to you on a mat and you need to feed, change, hold or soothe your baby at anytime during the session, feel free to do so.
Please bring a mat with you if possible, i will have some mats available if needed
Beginners to yoga welcome
- Single Session
- Block of [enter a number]
- 12 May 2021 11:30 - 12:30
- 19 May 2021 11:30 - 12:30